Cabernet Sauvignon Melchior
Etched and painted by hand, only eight 18-liter bottles are produced each year.
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon in 2016, the winery produced 18-liter Melchiors for the first time, filled with the legendary 2012 vintage. These rare bottles were offered exclusively to select restaurants across the country.
This special offer has become a fall tradition, and in 2018, the Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon Melchior from the celebrated 2014 vintage debuts. Filled, etched, numbered and painted by hand, only eight of these 18-liter bottles were produced for sale this year, designed to delight your guests with an impressive display and promotional pouring opportunity that cannot be missed. Only one bottle will be made available to a select restaurant in each region of the country to ensure exclusivity for each account.
The locations across the country offering a taste of the Jordan Melchior are featured in a national and regional promotional program, Le Tour de Melchior, with myriad publicity and social media exposure opportunities and resources.
A significant vintage for Jordan, 2014 was aged in 94% French oak—the most in our history. This Cabernet Sauvignon tastes like silk but has the backbone to age for decades.
“Jordan is often considered more Saint-Julien in style for its early drinkability, forward fruit and elegant tannins. But the 2014 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon follows all the cues of 2013 and then some—certainly more reminiscent of Bordeaux’s Pauillac with its broader tannins and sturdier structure. Classic black fruit is framed perfectly by a higher percentage of French oak, which assuages the lengthy fruit tannins to create a lasting finish. This will be a long-lived vintage.” —Winemaker Rob Davis
A wine with elegance, refinement and plenty of verve. Its perfume of blackberries and black cherries mingles with a backdrop of subtle oak notes. The palate has a velvety richness that coats the mouth in concentrated flavors of blackberries and cassis, laced with fine tannins from seamlessly integrated, new French oak. Enticing flavors of chocolate, violets and dark fruits linger on the long finish. Enjoy now or cellar through 2033. Decant for 45 minutes to elevate aromas and flavors.
Additional resources are available to help ensure you have all the visuals and promotional information necessary to make your Le Tour de Melchior uncorking event a success. Examples include:
- Email announcement to over 40,000 Jordan Estate Rewards members in our monthly email
- Email announcement to Jordan Estate Rewards members in your area four weeks before event
- Professional photography of bottles
- Digital Le Tour de Melchior artwork
- Custom digital Le Tour de Melchior poster artwork specific to your event
- Reveal box for unveiling the Jordan Melchior
- Promotional video for social media
- Only eight bottles made from the 2014 vintage
- Holds the equivalent of 24 750mL bottles
- Etched and hand-painted
- Numbered as part of limited edition
- Packaged in wooden display box
- Sold with Winekeeper Tap System for convenient by-the-glass pouring
- Accompanied by signed, limited-edition Le Tour de Melchior posters